Hours Of Operation: 24 Hours A Day, Seven Days A Week
Blocked Drains Lymm
A blocked drain is one of the most unpleasant things to deal with in your home. Though we hardly ever think about them, we rely on our drains delivering a high-quality and reliable service every day. Blocked drains in Lymm can be extremely harmful to our property, often leading to costly repair work if not cleared quickly. Failing to take care of these blockages when they develop can not only be extremely irritating, it can lead to a variety of problems across your property.
Here at James Drains, we can deliver a comprehensive drain unblocking service. Our experienced engineers utilise the latest technology to clear all kinds of drain blockages. No matter what kind of blockage you are suffering from, our team are here to help. We can also provide an effective repairs and replacement service for severely damaged or collapsed pipes.
What are the Causes of Blocked Drains in Lymm?
Drains can become blocked due to a variety of reasons. Some of these blocked drains will be due to the disposal of unsuitable materials. However, it is also possible for situations beyond your control to cause blockages in your home or business’ drainage.
The kind of blockage you are dealing with will normally influence the kind of unblocking service that we recommend. Some blockages are more vulnerable to certain techniques than others. Similarly, some blockages can also cause serious damage to your system and will, instead, require repair or replacement services.
There are many ways that drains can become blocked. Some of the most common causes of blockages drains in Lymm can include:
- Food Waste, Fats, Oils and Greases – Solid food waste is a major concern for many drainage systems. They are resistant to being broken down by water and can easily group together. Disposing of solid food waste down the sink is a bad habit that many homeowners in the UK suffer from.
Even more serious, however, is the disposal of fats, oils and greases. Otherwise known as FOGs, this kind of waste is one of the most common causes of blockages. At the very least, it is present in more than 90% of all man-made drain blockages. FOGs will adhere to the inside of your pipes. Once they are in-place, fats, oils and greases will trap other waste as it passes by. This can cause large blockages to appear extremely quickly and prevent the passage of water through the pipes.
- Flushing Unsuitable Waste – Toilets, and the attached drainage system, are designed to deal with human waste, toilet paper, grey-water and liquids. As such, disposing of any other kind of material in the toilet can be a serious problem. Unsuitable waste cannot be broken down in the drains. As such, it can easily cause pipes to become blocked.
Some of the most common kinds of unsuitable waste leading to drain blockages can include:
- Wet Wipes and Baby Wipes.
- Kitchen Roll.
- Feminine Products.
- Makeup and Medical Waste.
- Human Hair.
- Cleaning Products and Soap Scum.
- Tree Root Intrusion – Tree roots can cause some of the most serious kinds of blocked drains. They are a common problem across all types of properties, including homes and businesses.
Tree roots are always searching for sources of moisture. As such, they will be able to detect your drains or, rather, the water in your drains. They will quickly grow through the soil to reach your pipes. Once they reach the drains, these roots will require only the smallest of gaps to grow into. These roots can grow into small cracks, loose pipe connections and can even make their own entry points overtime.
Once in place, these roots will grow extremely quickly. Thanks to the moisture and nutrients found in the pipes, they will develop into serious blockages in a short amount of time. These issues can also lead to serious damage to the affected pipes.
Complete Drain Unblocking Services for Lymm Homes and Businesses
Here at James Drains, our experienced team can deliver a comprehensive range of drain unblocking services. We can work to quickly and easily clear blocked drains in Lymm. As part of our comprehensive service, we will be able to identify the exact location of the blockage and ensure it is dealt with as quickly as possible.
As part of our comprehensive services, we will be able to deliver:
- CCTV Drain Surveys – Before we start to clear your blockage, we will provide quick and easy CCTV drain surveys. These will allow us to locate the exact position of the blockage. It can also work to ascertain the materials involved in the blockage. The kind of blockage that you are suffering from will determine the best possible drain clearance services. As such, CCTV drain surveys are an essential part of any drains unblocking service.
- Drain Unblocking – As part of our comprehensive services, we can deliver both drain rodding and high-pressure water-jetting to eliminate all kinds of blockages. Drain rodding is used to break existing blockages apart. This is ideal for soft blockages, or blockages made from a range of different components.
In addition to helping us deal with the blockage, these services will allow us to study your drains in greater detail. That means we can evaluate any damage that your drains might have suffered and offer further advice on better drainage care.
High-pressure water-jetting can be used to clear all kinds of blockages extremely quickly. With high-pressure water-jetting, our team of drainage specialists will force a high volume of water into your drains. This water moves through your system at an extremely high-pressure, destroying blockages and removing them.
Choose James Drains to Eliminate Blocked Drains in Lymm
The James Drains’ team can provide a complete range of unblocking services for all kinds of Lymm properties. Our drainage specialists can eliminate blockages in your drains to prevent health hazards and serious structural damage. If you’re looking for a reliable team to deal with blocked drains in Lymm, get in touch today.
For more information, don’t hesitate to contact our experienced team today. You can reach us directly by calling 0800 037 5112. If you have any questions or concerns, you can email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.